A Partial Teaching on Missed Opportunities
When I wake up in the morning, in that little pause between waking and sleep, I open my eyes and look up.
I ‘see’ a little twinkling window above me. When I stretch my hands up towards that little window, it opens a little and comes down towards me.
I stretch my hands upwards. The window opens wider and I ‘see’ a pair of legs hovering above the window.
I push my hands up. The window expands and I see a bird flapping her wings.
Stretching beyond my own self, I touch the legs of the bird.
The Bird stretches her legs downwards. My fingers go around the legs.
I grab tightly. The window opens. The Bird of Opportunity starts flapping her wings strongly and pulls me up.
With effort, I push and I pull, struggle and finally climb onto the back of my bird.
It rises higher and higher till I am soaring above the world, in a place all of my own.
My opportunity is mine.
When I turn away from that little twinkling window, it retreats upwards.
Soon enough, the window goes up, up, and up; all I am left with is a tiny little twinkling light in the sky.
My bird of opportunity goes up along with her window, into the sky, and shows herself to me – a star!
Missed opportunities are the stars I see in my little bit of sky.
The more stars I see, the more were my missed opportunities.
Some of the Partial Teachings are listed here from the Index:
- A Partial Teaching on GOD
- A Partial Teaching on Atma / Soul.
- A Partial Teaching on Janam and Jooni.
- A Partial Teaching on Salvation
- A Partial Teaching on Atma at The Court of The Chief Judge
- A Partial Teaching on Sin
- A Partial Teaching on The Story
- A Partial Teaching on Purpose of Life
- A Partial Teaching on Carrying Out The Life Task by Atma / Soul
- A Partial Teaching on Time